Social Media Club of NH: Everything You Need to Know About Pinterest
June 12, 2012
On Your Mark. Get Set. PIN!
Everything You Need to Know About Pinterest
Sponsored by the Social Media Club of NH
The Alpha Loft in Portsmouth, NH was buzzing Tuesday evening with anxious participants from various companies ready to learn about the Social Media darling, Pinterest. Melanie Burger, Social Media expert from Beyond Indigo Pets led the informative and fun presentation starting with an overview of what Pinterest is specifically for business use, impressive stats and how utilize the platform to enhance and promote a company’s brand and increase web traffic. Helpful tricks and tips were discussed followed by a lively open discussion.
Here’s a snapshot of what was learned:
- Pinterest is a virtual pinboard, letting you organize and share the images and video you find on the web by pinning to your own or others pinboards
- Pinterest drives more referral traffic than YouTube, Google+ and Linkedin combined
- Pinterest receives 1.3 million visitors daily
- Pinterest is a great platform for B2B by pinning
original content such as headshots, group events, photos of your customers, blog
images, and infographics
- Hosting a contest by asking your customers to pin images about your brand, product or service is a great way to leverage
- Add the Pin It button to your website to make it easy for visitors to share your content
- Use hashtags to tag pins and make content more search friendly
- Measure the impact via Google Analytics
- Cool apps to supplement your experience: Pinstagram, PinReach and Short Stack
- Pintastic boards to follow: Mashable, Hubspot,
UNH, Lands End, Chobani and for some fun… George Takei!
A special thank you to Josh Cyr for the use of the Alpha Loft space, to Flatbreads for donating the out of this world taste yet locally crafted pizzas, and especially to Melanie Burger of Beyond Indigo Pets for her insight, expertise and well conveyed Social Media knowledge of Pinterest.