The Maintenance Assistant helps maintains the facility, inside and out, to a required level of cleanliness and functionality. Also assists in the preventative maintenance program for all equipment throughout the building.
- Maintain the exterior of the facility through lawn mowing, landscaping, snow shoveling, etc. as seasonal changes require
- Maintain the interior of the facility through cleaning of offices, bathrooms and general shop production area, dust removal, emptying of dumpsters, etc.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance on equipment as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Helps maintain the operation of the Oberlin water filter by emptying the equipment as needed and performing general maintenance inspections.
- Helps maintain the general operation of the dust collectors.
- Support general office repair work such as sheetrock repair, painting, ceiling tile repair/replacement etc.
- Support the Maintenance Technicians as needed
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Other tasks as directed by management
Experience and Requirements:
- Must be able to work safely and be aware of safety procedures in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Must demonstrate initiative and complete assigned tasks in the time allotted.
- Must be able to walk and stand throughout an eight hour shift.
- Must be able to consistently lift 25 lbs. from the floor or table position to chest high using
proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers.
- Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination and good manual dexterity.
- Must be familiar and comfortable with industrial machinery.
- Must have general mechanical skills.