Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Purpose: Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. The Senior Industrial Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor
Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Duties:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, electrical systems and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for plant wide maintenance oversight as well as projects involving multiple Maintenance team members: team project work on dust collectors, dust control systems, etc.
- Other assignments instructed by management
- Equipment Maintenance
- Basic Safety skills and awareness in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Power Tools
- Attention to Detail
- Effective verbal, written, and mathematical skills are required.
- Must be able to walk and stand throughout an eight hour shift.
- Must be able to consistently lift 25 lbs. from the floor or table position to chest high using
proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts.
- Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination. Must demonstrate good manual dexterity.
- Strong math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide.
- Must be able to read, evaluate and respond to product specifications, blueprints and drawings, and perform normal math calculations easily.
- Must be familiar and comfortable with industrial machinery.
- Must have strong general mechanical skills.
- Must have electrical, trouble shooting skills, reading blue prints and electrical drawings.