SHIPPING CLERK/MATERIAL HANDLER
The Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of Customer orders each day. Also responsible for providing general labor to support a variety of packing, assembling, shipping, in order to meet the Company’s on time delivery goal. The Shipper/Receiver reports to the Purchasing Manager.
- Prepare computer-generated documentation such as labels, packing slips, bills of lading and other shipping and receiving records for Customer Orders.
- Contact and schedule freight carriers.
- Maintain shipping files as required per ISO procedures.
- Load and unload trucks, separate & count incoming goods and materials.
- Transport and store materials using proper lifting and material handling equipment as trained and instructed. (Forklift certification required)
- Maintain the work area (Storage areas, Loading dock and Shipping area) and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Make skids, crates or cartons as needed for shipment.
- Support management personnel by responding to but not limited to projects such as cycle counts, daily schedule reports, inquiries and physical inventories.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Experience and Requirements:
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook Email). UPS Worldship experience preferred.
- Must have good math skills to maintain accurate counts and records.
- Must have good written and oral skills.
- Must be able to maintain records neatly, legible and organized.
- Must be able to work independently and have good time management skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 LBS. safely and consistently.
- Forklift Certification is required. (Company Provided) Must be proficient in forklift operation: Demonstrate ability to operate equipment safely, causing no damage to goods or property.SHIPPING CLERK-MATERIAL HANDLER