The Tool & Die Maker receives daily direction from the Engineering and Production Supervisor. The Tool Maker is responsible for making fixtures, repairing and set up dies and making tooling needed for daily production.
- The Tool Maker must be experienced with a variety of machining lathes, bridge ports, surface grinder and jib bores.
- Contribute to the efforts of the team in the assigned group to meet the daily goals in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity.
- Contribute to efforts to maintain zero lost time accidents, both in the area and throughout the plant.
- Drive and support efforts to maintain good housekeeping practices in both the assigned group and throughout the facility.
- Be able to think outside the box and work without regular supervision.
- Some experience in CNC machining, need to learn wire EDM.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Experience and Requirements:
- Must be able to read, evaluate and respond to product specifications, blueprints and drawings, and perform good math calculations easily. Strong ability to read blue prints.
- Must be familiar and comfortable with lathes, bridge ports and surface grinders.
- Must have strong general mechanical skills.
- Familiar with the use of micrometers, snap gauges or other tools for dimensional evaluation.
- Knowledge in the following areas: assembly, machining, ability to read and understand drawings, quality control and safety.
- Experience in working with a team in a diverse manufacturing environment. Three years’ experience preferred but will consider other applicants.
- Effective verbal, written, and mathematical skills are required.
- Must be able to walk and stand throughout an eight hour shift.
- Must be able to consistently lift 25 lbs. from floor or table position to chest high using proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts.
- Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination. Must demonstrate good manual dexterity.
- Strong math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide.